Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cartoon Network at Night - Learn From It

For parents out there who are not aware, The Cartoon Network does not show kid shows at night. It took about a year for me to figure this one out. I happened to walk into the bedroom late one night when my 6 year old son was watching TV. I did a double take when I heard voices that sounded like Scooby and Shaggy talking about certain aspects of physical relationships that are not appropriate for children. I called my brother, who is much younger and cooler than me. Well, Parker, haven't you seen the little thing at the bottom of the screen that says "adult swim". "Well, yeah. What does that mean?" "Adult swim - all kids get out of the pool". Oooohhhh, I didn't get that one. Went right over my head. So, every night when I tell the kiddo it's time to go to bed, record the TV show and watch it after school, that is what he is watching? Oh, so maybe that is where all of the questions have been coming from. So, Cartoon Network - good during the day. Bad at night. Got it. Lesson Learned.

1 comment:

J from Ireland said...

I never knew what adult swim was either, thanks for that.